Sunday 15 March 2015

Week 3

Been working at home for a few days, really meant to be working on some film room assets but I am having too much fun with this project. I had the idea over Summer but am only really just starting to sketch it out. Working title is chaser and it’s still early days, just having fun with the characters at the moment

My team would probably be really angry if they knew I was having fun drawing characters when i'm meant to be modelling a box (yes that is actually one of the assets I was assigned.) but I need to keep this work up or I won't have any decent skills by the time I graduate. I want a concept art job so Im going for it full steam ahead. 



I hope you uderstand I'm not trying to dismiss the course, I just dont want a job as a mediocre environment artist or a 3D modeller, plus this kinda fun stuff keeps me sane I suppose.

As you can see its early days yet, and this project will probably go the way of all others and get boring in a weeks time but at the moment im enjoying it.

The film room project on the other hand I am already bored with, I’m really not finding the task of meticulously replicating a film still very engaging. We had to do a cardboard replica of the room in Friday’s lesson, the idea behind it being that we can understand the space we are building in reality before finishing it in a computer but really I just felt like I was wasting my time.

here is our masterpiece: 

Had to really take a step back and evaluate my life after this lesson.

I really want to spend more time concepting and drawing but am struggling when this is what I have to work on. Its not all bad though, our level is shaping up and I have been using marmoset to test out my textures for a few of the props I have been working on. I can’t say it looked like metal, more like the contents of a student toilet.

I will post some actual screenshots of the room so far next post I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment