Monday 23 March 2015

Week 9: More on Dichotomy

Over the weekend and at the start of the week I finished up the concept for the other character I am working on. I did end up going with a kind of rogue character.


I think my approach of designing one character to a finished concept first before starting the other has worked well, it has meant I have been able to focus on the dichotomous elements of them and build the second character around the design of the first. 

 (I totally meant to do that by the way.)


sketches


Value design


Final design for 'Luna'

She was meant to be more dynamic than the other character to contrast his big bulky appearance. So the final designs are a bulky strong man and a nimble rogue girl, kind of generic.

Despite being pretty generic, I wanted to make the characters read as if they work together, so I used the same colours for her as the male character, this is just an easy way of forcing people who see the characters to associate them with one another.

I tried to imagine interesting ways the characters could work together, in DOTA some characters like goblin techies look similar enough for us to associate them with eachother, they make a cool dichotomous duo of characters.



Sooooo I need to model one of them now, I'm gonna go with the man as I think he looks cooler. I really want to texture him and make him kinda gross and weird. I will have finished him by next week so I will post the finished model!

No comments:

Post a Comment