Monday 23 March 2015

Week 8: Character Dichotomy

I am seriously excited to start this project, drawing characters is the most fun thing, and I get to do two of them! Started thinking of cool combos of people, animals ect its early days so far though so I just have a few sketches and mind maps.


Some reference, I never see the point of gathering hundreds of images at this stage.
Just a few well chosen ones is always far more valuable.

(I do have more research than this but it contains other people's art so I dont want to ost it without their permission.)

First idea was two athletes, one with huge arms and one with huge legs, really simple but full of possibilities. I started sketching out some characters in PS and had a load of fun with this guy though so I am probably going to go with him as one of the characters and another suitably different character as his partner.


Don’t have a solid design for the girl yet but Im working on it, been thinking if Pixar were to do these kind of characters one would be the opposite shape of the other,( ie  Carl and Russel from UP). So if I am going with a big muscly dude then I suppose I will do a kind of agile rogue character to go with him. FUN!

Shape design ideas

We also have to model one or both of the characters, I think I will prioritize modelling the big guy first as I think he will end up being the stronger design somehow. I was thinking of adhering to mobile game specs, so around 2000 polys per character and a 512x512 texture sheet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment