Sunday 5 April 2015

Week 16: More Container City

Week 16 went so quickly, I’m not if that’s because there is so much work or because I’m having fun. (probably the first one.) Our feedback on Thursday was as I expected, “TOO AMBITIOUS”. So we are going to crop our level, and just focus on the market area. I don’t really like the concept we are working from but I’ll just grin and bear it, we need to get going now anyway there isn’t time to redesign stuff.

Neon lights and Chinese new year is the aesthetic we are going for in our level. 

PBR (which i am still baffled by somehow) is going to look great on some assets like the wet cobblestones and electrical wires.

Now we are going to each be responsible for a number of things in the level. We will each have our own shop in the market place and a general handful of useful props each to model and texture. This sounds relatively straight forward but organizing 4 people’s work into strict texture budgets is very frustrating and to be honest very boring.

(When you’re spending more time looking at spread sheets than drawing and modelling, you start to feel like you’re on the wrong path.)

I know its definitely worth while though, if we don’t organize now I don’t know what we will be doing when the deadline is approaching.


Anyway I understand complaining isn’t fun to read about so here’s my concept for the ‘aromatherapy’ shop I’m in charge of. Ive look a lot at Chinese shops and herbal medicine shops for reference. We really want the neon lighting to be dominant in the level.


"Mum trust me this is gonna get me a job."


Aromatherapy shop concept.

Im modelling like a mad man right now, trying to create a bunch of props to populate the level with, we want a lot of detail in the level as you explore it, little pipes, debris and crates all add up to make the environment more interesting.


So many props. This isn’t even half of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment