Thursday 23 April 2015

Week 30: I think I'm gonna die

Last year the week before hand in we I was stressed out, I had to put all my work on a CD and sort my way through thousands of badly names PSDs and backup saves of work. This year I have been more organised, but I just have SO much to do that it feels worse.

The presentation last friday was pretty good, I think mine went quite well. I did end up doing mine about my Bike holiday. I always try to implement some humor into presentations, so I had some cartoons in it.




Me in France.

I think if I had to do it again, I would practice more in the mirror as I really didn't feel comfortable performing it in front of everyone, especially as I was first. I think I should also have better notes to work from, my handwriting has gradually deteriorated over the years, so what made perfect sense at the time of writing, was a blurry mess of words on the day of the presentation.

But its never as bad as you think it will be, I did survive.

Still working on my character this week, hopefully will have it finished by friday (Really hopefully.) Im just working on textures at the moment. I don't want to hand paint the textures from scratch so I am using some photo textures and blending them in with some painterly textures.

I did some more development with the concept, here is the final concept for him along with the almost finished model.


Renders of the model at the moment




Final concept for the character I modelled.


I think the symmetry on the model is a bit too noticable at the moment, so I am gonna have to tone it down a bit. Also last time I think I got in trouble for not using PBR, so I will use it for this guy, even if it is meant to be a mobile character.

So excited to hand all this work in, can't wait to get back to OTM now.

No comments:

Post a Comment