Wednesday 22 April 2015

Week 29: Back to school

Back from Easter now and I'm already missing my lovely bed and my lovely dog and my lovely not having to cook for myself. Also, I have been so busy with other work that I completely forgot that I have a presentation to present on Friday. I started it over Easter but I don't have much to go on.

I had a few different ideas for this presentation, seeing as it could be about literally anything. I thought concept art would be a little obvious and maybe slightly boring as I imagine everyone else will choose a game related theme. I am planning a holiday in France at the moment where I'll be stealth camping and cycling from North to South, so I am most likely going to do one about that.

I have to re do my Characters, so this week I worked on some concepts for them. I mentioned in another blog post that I was inspired by Chilean folk music for a character, I decided to work this theme a little more.

I am doing a kind of Mexican Wrestler/Chicken set of characters. I have been looking at cock fighting pictures for reference and some posters and wrestler costumes for colour and shape inspiration. First up I plonked loads of reference into a big PSD.


Some people spend ages on this stage of a project, but I try to not spend too long gathering reference. I just need some cool pictures to spark my imagination, no need to get thousands of worthless images just to make it look like you have done more work.

Here are some of my concepts for the characters, I am going to model 'Caesar' the fighter. (Chicken caesar salad, Julius Caesar get it?) 
Final designs of the fighter and manager characters

Silhouette development


Orthos I'm using for Caesar.




Not really looking forward to modelling this guy, just know its gonna be stressful, but I'm really going try not to panic too much, it never helps.

If I do run out of time with this, there is always the night and coffee.

Neglected the OTM project recently, but I really have to prioritize other work for the hand in on the 24th. Not got any new Alice work unfortunately. I really need to crack on with 3D work now, so I will stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment