Thursday 16 April 2015

Week 24:Still having fun!

Once again this week has felt a little harder and the work hasn't quite been up to scratch. I think I have been pushing myself a little hard though, as I have made some cool stuff and played with some really fun ideas.

I tried to research what it takes to make 'cool art', and tried to really isolate the cool factor in concept art. I looked a lot at Zedig's work, who has been a constant influence over the past few years. His work is so fun and colourful, I always find it very refreshing in the sea of grey spaceships and boring character concepts.

I don't like posting other people's work without their permission, but here is a link to his very sexy tumblr: http://alexandrediboine.tumblr.com/   Its really worth a look.

So trying to jazz up my concepts a bit this week, heres some drawings:


The character above is my current idea for the boss of the underground level. I haven't shown any of the environment stuff for that level yet, but I am working on it now so next week's blog will hopefully explain him a little more.

Was really fun designing the abilities he can use, had to make all of them relate back to his design and shape. 

Another 3D paintover. Last week's 3D paint over was just too fun I had to do another.

Mushroom robot ideas? It doesn't have to make sense.

Armour concepts for alice when she is in the underground level.

So keep your eyes peeled for next week's underground level stuff, it should be ground breaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment