Saturday 11 April 2015

Week 19: Alice in Wonderland.

Alice in Wonderland is the theme for the OTM (Off the Map) project. I wasn't too excited at first as I've always thought that Alice in Wonderland has been done to death a bit, having had so many films and spin offs made of it. 

Just realised I'm already complaining about it. Its actually a really cool project theme, I know I will have a lot of fun with it.

Notice how I said I? That's cos I'm working alone on this project. Yep, all alone.



This is such a breath of fresh air for me being able to work on a project alone. I usually enjoy working in a group (to an extent), but the last group project really left a stale taste in my mouth. The thought of being my own boss for a few months and producing game content that I want to make just sounds like heaven. 

So yeah, I'm very thankful to be alone for this project. THANKS! 

I have listened to the audio book of Alice in Wonderland. (Alice in Wonderland now being a public domain it was just on YouTube.) This was really just to remind me of the story and characters available in the book, but to be honest I really didn't like it very much, I found it quite boring and the structure felt a little all over the place.

 I can't even write a blog post properly though so I cant really chat.

So far I'm trying not to jump straight into the concept art for this project and to spend longer on the research and development area of the project. Me being me though this obviously didn't work, so I did some concepts for male rabbit builders in hot pants. 


(Shout out to Robin Doody for helping with the design for the rabbits.)



I think this angle, although really fun, might not be a great way to approach the rest of the story outside just the rabbit hole part. I don't want to limit myself too early on.

I've got a meeting with my mentors next week, will be great to get some feedback on my ideas so far. I'm excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment